i HAVE A D6K2 S/N MGM00448. When you go from fwd to neutral it does not stop as quickly as other hy stat dozers we have. When you go fwd right to rev it does not slow as quickly and then hesitates before going into reverse. I talked with my cat dealer and he said there is a machine setting in the monitor that has low med and high but do not see any change. Have you guys that have a d6k2 and older hy stat machines notice a difference? thanks for any info Jason
Was he talking about the blade response adjustments I wonder.? Or maybe the "Auto Traction Control" or the "Bi-Directional Control" whatever they are.? This is what the O&M shows. The attachment appears to shows all the factory default settings.
Ours has machine response in that list you posted. I tried the different options and they made no difference. I was unable to find in the manual what the machine response actually does. I found someone with the same machine but different prefix and he said it stopped as it should. Im going to make sure the flash file is the latest.
Whether your machine has that option or not looks like it's determined by what region the machine was intended for. I'd say machine response setting is pretty self explanatory... these are very software controlled systems. If you can view the software p/n's through the monitoring system, post what you have.
thanks for the info. A friend that works at the dealer gave me the most recent file so im going to try that now.
I haven’t had any issues with this but do note there are calibration routines that affect powertrain for these dozers and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to try some of them after you do your updates. Typically they are easy things to try when the machines start acting weird.
Finally got it fixed. My dealer got cat engineering involved said to try to up the max speed in the service screen. The faster you make it the more aggressive it is. Kind of the opposite of what i would think. You can go in the operator parameters and set the speed that you want as long as max speed in the service section is set to the highest. Just hope the operators don't figure it out. Thanks again for everyone's input.
That is somewhat counter-intuitive. Glad you got it sorted though.