Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6M blade repair

Deey · 2026-01-26 07:39

I have Cat D6M LGP serial # 2RN00495 that the blade mount is very worn. I have been told that there was an update to go to a different mount and was looking for any information on this, cat service documents, photos, or videos if possible.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-01-26 12:55

    Unfortunately the system does not indicate with which type of blade your machine was equipped when it left the factory. How about some photos of what you have that is worn.? Maybe even a Serial Number off the blade.? Look in the top RH corner of the back side of the blade for a S/N plate. On the basis of info supplied answers may be forthcoming.

  2. #2Deey2026-01-26 18:53

    I have been told that Cat had a way to change to a spherical bearing on some of their dozers but don’t know if this is one of those.

  3. #3Nige2026-01-27 08:57

    Right, so you have a VPAT blade. Attached are the details of the updates to the blade pivot plus the procedure to pull the pin from the C Frame. Note that you will need some hefty pulling gear to get the pin out, especially if it has never been out before. Additionally the fabricated wedges to hold everything in place are essential.

  4. #4Deey2026-01-27 18:58

    Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.