Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6M XL Transmission Calibration

Sherrard · 2020-09-10 13:13

I have a new to me D6M serial # 3WN02266 that I’m looking at calibrating the tranny,steering clutches and brakes looking for information on the procedure and tools required

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2020-09-10 13:35

    If you want to do it yourself the first thing you will need is a Click Box. You don't have to buy one, it can be made relatively easily. You can also use the Click Box to clear Logged Diagnostic Codes in the Monitor System. See this thread, you need to do a bit of reading first ................... HeavyEquipmentForums I'll post some info later regarding how to do the calibrations. A question. Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it..?

  2. #2Sherrard2020-09-10 13:44

    I have a click box and the service manual. I was hoping to find a little guidance before I got started

  3. #3Nige2020-09-10 14:27

    It would have helped if you had said that up front.......... You say "service manual". That should contain all the calibration info already, unless all you have is an O&M Manual. I take it you have done transmission/brake calibrations on other tractor models also..?

  4. #4Sherrard2020-09-10 17:56

    Sorry about the slow response my phone died and to answer your question no sir I have not done calibrations before this would be the first

  5. #5Nige2020-09-10 18:00

    No problem. I will send you the calbiration procedures by PM. I suggest that you work through the procedure slowly using the Click Box first to practice scrolling through modes, erasing Logged Diagnostic Codes, etc, to get yourself 100% familiar with what you are doing. When you've done it a few times the process becomes more intuitive, but you'll need practice to get to that point. The big thing is not to crash on blindly, if you feel uncomfortable at any point, back out of the procedure and come back here asking questions.

  6. #6Rick Adams2024-06-25 12:51

    Where do I get a click box

  7. #7Rick Adams2024-06-25 12:57

    Where can I get click box

  8. #8Nige2024-06-25 14:33

    Make one.......... See the Click Box thread. There is a full parts list and instructions on how to make one.

  9. #9BushWackerFarmer2024-06-25 19:59

    Keep in mind you may need the INC and DEC positions of the CLEAR switch if you are calibrating and not just diagnosing and clearing codes. I'm in the middle of this right now and had to modify my click box with an extra wire to pin 3 from the other leg of a SPDT switch for CLEAR.