Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d6n xl

Anthony93 · 2023-03-14 08:09

OK so I know I've posted a lot on this site referring to this specific dozer. I'm pretty much brand new to the heavy equipment side and I'm always looking for new ideas on how to trouble shoot something. with this power loss on our dozer do you think it could be a tensioner and possibly fan belt failure? I ordered the parts so I'm going to try it but I'm just wondering if that will fix my issue. also the antifreeze is going somewhere cuz we keep losing it. it doesn't leak when its cold outside but when were not around and its warmer it starts to disappear. I wanna say it is a water pump but its not consistent when losing fluid. so what could it possibly be? I only see a puddle on top of the belly pan when its warmer outside. any suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1Anthony932023-03-14 08:14

    Also Its saying I have an aftertreatment fault code. what in the world is that?

  2. #2ahart2023-03-14 08:17

    First off, I had to search your user name to see what you were referring to on power loss, I would suggest to keep the same thread open otherwise it gets very confusing. What are you experiencing with this power loss you describe? Go through your monitor to the service section and pull up the active diagnostic codes along with anything that’s logged recently. Post back your findings.

  3. #3Anthony932023-03-16 07:48

    So after searching through all the fault codes it shows the following, powertrain filter bypass e116 aftertreatment fault service 3397-9 park brake switch 70-3 trans output speed sensor 1 and 2 585-2 673-2 powertrain speed control sensor 2500-8 dpf 1 soot sensor 3397-9 steering e192 It also said something about the alternator not charging correctly so i tested the alternator and it was good so i replaced the tensioner and the belt since i had it torn apart. it has a coolant leak as well that i cant find. the water pump seems ok but unfortunately it looks like its leaking from the head.. any place it could possibly be coming from that im not seeing?? i looked all over. under the engine, on both sides, and the front of the engine. thats the only place i see antifreeze build up.