The info I have is confusing, I changed the oil in the finals today ( tractor new to me) I had some Cat Trans and Drive Train 50W. So that's what I used. Is that OK? Been using 80-90W. gear oil for all other finals.
50w is good for d6r thats what we fill them with youll find that 80-90 is not recomended for many Cat final drives
OK thanks.
Sounds right to me as well Dan. How is the new to you D-6 looking now that it sounds like you have it home?
Not bad so far, nothing on the final magnets, no leaks anywhere, the dozer quick drop does not work simular to the thread on that subject, not sure what to do there. Only had it 1&1/2 days so I'm still digging into it.
Do NOT use 80W-90 on Cat dozer finals. It will take out the Duo-Cone seals over time. The Cat TDTO SAE50 you have will be fine, it is actually the recommended oil for the finals.