Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R flashing warning light

wrightdj · 2019-04-26 23:54

D6R MRT00463 5430 hrs Has following codes 113 673.02, 113 585.02 both are for transmission output speed. 036 003.05 this code I do not know. 036 E0198.1, E0198.2 these are for low fuel pressure. 030 E0179.1, E0179.2 these are for alternator output. Serviced unit and cut open engine and transmission oil filters, both were clean, alternator output was good, fuel and oil pressure also good. both sensors for transmission measured 1.088 and 1.052 ohms, SIS says they should be 600 to 1800 ohms, could they both have failed? and can you replace without pulling the transmission? Also that code 036 003.05 ? The flashing light is for "engine failure/malfunction" Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies19
  1. #1Cmark2019-04-27 02:05

    Are the codes active or logged? 1 ohm is pretty much a short circuit. Have you got your meter on the right setting? I suppose if the bearing on the output shaft fails, the rotor could wipe out both sensors but I would think you would also have other symptoms. 0003.05 is for an open circuit to #3 injector. Does it have a misfire? If the codes are logged and the machine isn't giving any trouble, I would note the codes, clear them and see if any reoccur.

  2. #2wrightdj2019-04-28 19:24

    Thank you Cmark, meter was correct I checked it with 2 different meters, because it didn't look right. it was working in the bush and there was some sticks jammed in the back next to the wiring, so maybe some more checking of the wiring. there is no misfire, but maybe they ran it out of fuel and not telling me. Will need to called the Cat dealer to come and clear the codes, very expensive to fly them in. is there any thing out there to clear codes that is not to expensive?

  3. #3Cmark2019-04-28 22:02

    Check out this thread HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4Nige2019-04-29 03:57

    Believe it or not you can actually clear codes on that model with nothing more than two 6"-long pieces of automative wire.... all you have to do is to alternately ground the wires 260 & 261 in the Service Tool Connector. If you need any help after reading the thread shout out - for a one-off you don't need to manufacture a Click Box. If you want an Electrical Schematic for the tractor click on my username and Start a Conversation with me - give me your email address, you already posted the machine S/N.

  5. #5wrightdj2019-06-23 23:07

    So I final got back to this D6R, purchased a 4C-8195 Control Service Tool, and cleared all but one code 036 003.05 (open circuit to # 3 injector) active code, unit is working at reduced power. I believe the next step is to find what pins to check on the plug-in to the valve cover? This could be a failed injector? Once again thank you all for all the great information, actually learning a lot, and that's all good.

  6. #6Nige2019-06-24 03:41

    The diagnostic procedure requires Cat ET if you do it by the book (see attached). However I'm willing to bet that if you were to switch the #3 injector with one of the others and watch what happens to the Diagnostic Code there are basically two possibilities: - The Code moves with the injector - injector is faulty. The Code stays on #3 cylinder - injecotr wiring or ECM is faulty. It would cost you a set of O-Rings for two injectors to make the test. Again if you want the Electrical Schematic (see post #5 above) all you have to do is ask.

  7. #7Mobiltech2019-06-24 08:47

    There’s a good chance it’s a wiring connector problem under the valve cover. I’ve seen the connector at the injector fail a few times. I think there is even a plug repair kit available from cat.

  8. #8wrightdj2019-06-24 10:19

    Thanks for your responds, I am traveling today to my regular job, for two weeks, will check after I return.

  9. #9fiat41b2019-06-30 00:43

    I have a d6r its little hot out and I have been checking why the d6rlgp is getting warm its serial # is 9pn00___) it runs strong tranny does not slip but its getting hot also after the engine temp goes up little slow at coming back down to the center on the gauges The engine temp heats up before the tranny I hope I have no more than a stuck thermostat as when it was close to the red I opened up the radiator cap first let pressure off its not hot enough to blister my finger as I touched the fluid I was checking for the flow its not flowing real fast looked like slow motion im really not sure should it flow as fast as my d8k the d6r has many radiators they are clean I shot a temp gauge all over the front side of radiator - all the lines and the coolant in and out lines below 200 also the tranny cooler along with the left side of the head along with the block was under 210 maybe once on the head mostly 180 the lower block 214 the thermo housing high 180's top tank and lower all under 200 oil cooler housing 165 now here is where this thread has something in common dash says service code been that way for a while this tractor seem to do fine if 65 degrees or cooler and it never heats up there are codes like the ones posted above 113. then some numbers like 798.00-- cant remember and a 30 then some numbers like 168.--- I just pushed out a pond with this d6r today I did a few high speed throttles in 2nd gear and put it into neutral it seem to roll but im thinking it feels like the brakes are barely on very slight drag im no mechanic when it come to computers or electrical

  10. #10Nige2019-06-30 03:06

    Start by taking a piece of paper and writing down all the codes. Post them here. Pay special attention as the codes scroll to those that also have the SERV CODE icon lit up. Those are the ones that are Active right now.

  11. #11fiat41b2019-06-30 10:58

    ok I will get it

  12. #12fiat41b2019-06-30 18:16

    im back. there were more codes this tractor has about 9000 hrs on a certified over haul since 2005. in the past we had some repairs so I don't know about and codes deleted and this year it got new batteries starter exhaust the fuel guage needs attention it blinks low fuel when full with the gauge not working sometimes it works here is the list of codes: 30 960.3 113 70.02 113 168.04 113 299.13 113 681.05 113 722.03 I used to have d400 ejector trucks they could hook up a unit to the truck and read the codes and tell me if its a operator causing the problems like not stopping all the way before shifting to reverse and would have the count in a time frame how often. there has been many different operators over the years but lately I have been the operator.

  13. #13Nige2019-06-30 18:32

    Out of the six Codes you posted above do you remember on which ones the SERV CODE icon lit up..? That’s kinda important because it tells us which Codes are Active right now and which ones are from some time in the past.

  14. #14fiat41b2019-06-30 18:45

    Nige, I think where the display is, its on all the time service code rt corner I tried to run thru it with out engine running but it would not let me thx for your help I never here a alarm only when you turn the key to start

  15. #15Nige2019-07-01 08:20

    30 96.03 - Fuel Level Sensor voltage above normal. 113 70.02 - Parking Brake Switch, both NO & NC switch inputs in the same state when they should be different. 113 168.04 - Electrical System voltage below 21.3V. 113 299.13 - Transmission Direction Control Lever requires calibration. 113 681.05 - Parking Brake Valve solenoid current below normal. (Parking brake will not engage when switch is flipped to ON) 113 722.03 - Secondary brake solenoid voltage above normal. (Brakes will not disengage and the m/c will not move) What I would suggest is to try erasing these Codes. Whatever will not erase (the 113 299-13 definitely won't) is Active. Then start troubleshooting each of the Active ones. You said you weren't comfortable on computers or electrical. Are you up to twisting two 6"-long pieces of automotive wire together and then sticking them into the contacts of an electrical connector..?

  16. #16Nige2019-07-01 08:22

    Taking a bit of a different tack, have you pressure-cleaned out the radiator and coolers recently ..?

  17. #17fiat41b2019-07-01 09:32

    I can handle the 2 wires have only used air from a mechanics service truck poor tractor has not been home for 2 years now on been raking trees before that was on mud job where it was last power washed now lately its been back moving dirt and mud

  18. #18Nige2019-07-01 11:33

    OK, so can you get hold of a good pressure washer and give the radiator/cooling package a birthday..? It sounds as though it probably needs it. I'll post a bit more regarding how to erase/clear Diagnostic Codes later.

  19. #19fiat41b2019-07-07 22:24

    ok great sorry was out for a few days have another case model d9h different post