Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6r lgp

duchek ยท 2016-12-21 22:32

Hey there guys....haven't posted in a few years. We got rid of our old D7G and are now looking at a D6R LGP. I'm sure this won't be my last post and there will be many more if I buy this D6. So we went and looked at a 2003 D6R LGP the other day. It has 11,000 hours on it The owner put in about 12 grand worth of parts in the past year. Nothing big just small things. Batteries, segments, bearings in the hydraulic pump, speed sensors in the transmission, redone the hard bar. They are asking top dollar for the machine in my opinion but it's bush equipped and all the oil and filters have been changed, so it's ready to work. The blade has a fair bit of play, not as much as our old 7G had. The rollers, idlers and rails have maybe 1000 hours hours left in them, pads are about 50%. My only question right now is, with the brake pedal pushed down in first reverse, should the machine move? In first gear forward the brakes won't hold it. The brakes will hold it in second. Thanks for any replies.

Replies2
  1. #1Junkyard2016-12-21 22:47

    Based on running our 7R no it shouldn't. Check some pressures I'd say. Not exactly sure how it's setup but it could be trash in the valve or weak seals in the brakes or wore out friction material in the brakes. I've dealt with all 3 on our 11, different age machine but similar in function if I'm not mistaken. Is that at idle or high rpm? I've never tried to power through the brakes at full rpm. All three of our Cats will throw you against the dash a low rpm in 1st when you hit the brakes.

  2. #2duchek2016-12-21 23:17

    I was just reading a maintience book. In first gear the brakes shouldn't be able to hold it but in second gear they should.