Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6r steering issue

Drborders ยท 2015-02-19 08:54

I have a d6r lgp 2002 and I am having trouble trouble steering , I had cat out twice and the mechanic told me the hydraulic pump wasn't putting up enough psi , I pulled pump off and had it took apart and re sealed and tested , nothing wrong with it , put it back on and same problem , it will barely turn when the oil he's hot , I felt like this is a common problem , has anyone else had this problem ?

Replies1
  1. #1Construct'O2015-02-19 19:24

    I think there is a relief valve and compensate valve for the diff steer,so there might be something going on there.I was thinking that my mechanic said there is a office that can get debris in it and well affect the steering.You need to put gauges on it and check pressure while you are turning the machine.Good luck