Well turn your back and all hell breaks lose lol. Got this kid that just graduated Thursday from diesel school told him I would give him some work he is friends of my son so I showed him what to do for service on d6r I left for 1 hr came back it was time to put motor oil back in the engine 15w40 rotella I stopped him after I noticed he put 5 gallons in the dam tranny wrong hole simple task just mistake, have not started dozer up yet tranny holds something close to 40 gallons will that 15w40 harm the machine I know its not good to mix I did not need to change the tranny oil yet. will have to at least drain some out.
Yair . . . fiat41b. Mistakes happen but seriously, I would point out to the young bloke that he stuffed up big time and put it to him that he should go under and drain the oil and replace it on his dime by working off the value of the five gallons of engine oil wasted plus the transmission oil. If he is any good he will be only too pleased to make amends and will remember it forever . . . I wouldn't run the tractor from what I've heard here on this forum. Cheers.
I'd be interested on how he acted when you told him he'd screwed up. If he had a real hangdog look about him you might just be able to knock some sense into him given a bit of time.
A contractor friend told me of the time he had a IH 656 gas tractor and told the new guy to get a gas can and fill it up. Shortly after doing that the tractor ran out of gas. Found out the new guy topped of the radiator with the gas can. He didn't work for him much longer. Sadly I'm seeing and hearing of this more often.
well luckly no harm done worst for me would be cost of oil I probably change it out, just wanted to know if damage would occur somewhere I read a thread about a guy using 15/40 in his engine, tranny and hydraulics and no problems.
It will be fine 15/40 wont hurt a thing