Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T 24 to 12 volt converter

still learn'n ยท 2016-02-09 20:51

We rented a D6T and we use business band radios for communicating I don't have the serial number of machine but does cat install any converter that is 20-30amps from the factory? I have a converter that I can install temporarily but just was wondering if there would be one on machine by chance! TIA

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2016-02-09 22:30

    Brochure says two 10 amp converters in cab. Probably not a good idea to bridge them but you could try it.

  2. #2still learn'n2016-02-09 22:43

    Thanks Lantraxco I didn't think to look on brochure or search it on the web I didn't have serial number so couldnt look it up on cat parts! I'm going to work on it tomorrow so will have it then but thought I might see if somebody had any info for me before I went out there

  3. #3cdm1232016-02-09 23:23

    On my old 950 I just taped in to one battery worked fine for many years.

  4. #4Nige2016-02-10 04:10

    It seems to be generic across the D6T range that all machines have a 10A 24V/12V converter as standard. An additional 20A converter on top of that is an option although to quote lantraxco - YMMV ..... Here's what the Parts Manual for an LKJ-prefix tractor looks like. Ref. #6 are two 12V switched outlets.