Hi Guys, I am about to swap out the worn system one idlers for new ones. Can anyone explain the tightening procedure for the idler cap group and bolts. Also bolt torque specs. Thx
Tighten to snap, back off 1/8 turn. That is all....
Remind me of the S/N again. Also are idler caps 2-bolt or 3 bolt.?
ZJB00289 2 bolt caps M20x2.5 bolts I know you are supposed to tighten one side completely, then tighten the other, leaving a large gap under the cap on one side. Also, lubed threads, or dry threads, or never seize?
ZJB00289 2 bolt caps M20x2.5 bolts I know you are supposed to tighten one side completely, then tighten the other, leaving a large gap under the cap on one side. Also, lubed threads, or dry threads, or never seize?
Here's the procedure. Nothing is called out so that assumes you are using new "black" bolts that are phosphate & oil coated. As you likely will be re-using the bolts that came out I suggest that you throughly clean them and dip them in a bit of hydraulic oil then let them drip until they are coated in a very thin film of oil. If you decide to use some form of anti-seize on the threads then I suggest to reduce the specified torque by about 15%. Regarding the caps. I suggest to mark each one and refit in exactly the same orientation as it came off. When reinstalling always torque the bolt on the closed side of the cap first.
Thanks Nige, you're a Godsend! Is that something I could have gotten myself on SIS. I hate to bug if I can do it myself you know?
Next question, same tractor, I dropped the trans fluid and am trying to locate the various screens. Seems like there is one large one kinda under your feet, accessed through the belly pan. That one is the transmission magnetic screen. Is there another one, the scavenge screen? Where is it located?