Here is my new lady! Any of you other dozer operators, have D6T's yet?:usa
Nice looking machine! How do you like it so far, how many hours on it? Thanks for sharing. Trbo
It's a nice dozer. I try to keep it clean inside. It runs smoothly. I've been running in a rock pile lately, as you can tell by the side rails. It has about 60 hrs. now.
Nice dozer you lucky chap. We looked at a new 6t but were told we could not have one till september I recon we will go for a Komatsu d65 exl I can still keep dreaming .
Does that have the fingertip controls?
No, it has the hand grip style. I saw a D10T on here that had the fingertip controls. I wonder if that is an option when ordering them. Our company ordered 7 new D6T's, and all of them had them same controls.
mmmm those grousers look sharp and prickly, nice machine.
Congrats,That's a thrill I never got, to run a new machine, must be nice. No ripper??
No ripper, we have a 330D with a hammer for any big rock on site. Our company just doesn't order them with rippers. Our D8's, 9's, and 10's have them though.
What are you guys doing with all those dozers back there?
back where, which one's?
Back there in NC, 7 new 6's 8's 9's and 10's. Thats alot of dozers just wondered what kind of work you do?
Oh I meant 7 new D6T's. Our biggest customer is Walmart. We had four supercenters being built last year (07). Along with other jobs. Our company employ's 300 operators. They dont keep a piece of equipment more than 8 yrs. They auction off what they want to get rid of, then buy a whole new fleet before the end of the year, for tax reasons.
our company website taylorandmurphy.com
some of our other equipment is on the Job Cordination thread. i posted it today too.
OK, I checked out their site, impressive, sounds like you will have alot of interesting work coming your way
Nice new machine,if i only had a few more years in me i'd have one more new dozer.I see it is an XL not an XW.For me where i live i like the XL with the extreme grouser pads.They will really put the power to the ground in tuff dozing.Might need a little more power when using them.Rail pins and bushing last longer because of the narrow pads. The XW is better for mud as far as floatation,but the grouser are usually shorter and they really don't give you the grut in tough hard dozing,plus the extra hight(extreme service pads) even with the XL will plow the mud if you have any kind of bottom in the mud a tall. I do like the blades better on the XW then the XL they have what i call the camel hump on top of the blade,plus they are a foot wider compared to the XL blade,Check them out sometime and you will see the difference.The XW is 11' 6" and the XL blade 10' 6". I'm putting a XW blade on my XL machine,which i will have to add spacers behind the trution for the wider blade.Got the blade,another job that needs done.I need, i need!!!!!! Can't tell you about the fingertip thing my old H and R is the plain Jane models.The old H has better hydraulics then the R as far as speed and smoothness goes. The old H has the ripper valve,no ripper, the R doesn't have the extra valve.I'm going to add another valve off my ripper valve on the H to pull my hydraulic scraper.Got the valve just haven't got it put on yet. Never enough time.: Good luck with your new machine,you lucky dog :usa
Rippers Even though rippers are not directly used for ripping rock or hard soil they are very nice as a counter-balance, adding traction and stability. And with the ripper and blade you can lift the entire machine. I always found dozers with a bare back a bit crippled
True, but I can manuvure my dozer into tight places without having to worry about the ripper behind me. I do alot of slope work as well, and when backing off the top of a slope, its better to have the weight on the front instead of on the back. I can also work a slope sideways better. I worked a cut slope while pushing pans with an D8 (with ripper) and it didnt want to stick to a straight line like my D6.
i saw this one last month
nice, look like it's heading to a land fill, due to the stacks, and guards above the tracks
nice dozer!
Anyone else have any D6T pics?
The new T's are defiantely awesome. Thanks for the pics!
Welllll.....I was gonna put these in my little photo gallery but since you asked, I'll put them here . Our overburden contractor that just brought in the new D8T also brought this in today, new D6T XW. I'm liking the little light guards...attention to little details makes me happy.
More...
Couple more... A few of their Komatsu PC-400's
That is a good looking dozer. Too bad it won't stay nice and shiny like that for long.
New looks good,as long as it is paid for!!!!!! Thanks for taking time to post and share.:notworthy:usa
Whats up with the precleaner, it looks alot taller than whats on our R model. It looks like it could get in the way. Awesome pics CB, it kinda looks naked without a ripper though.
not sur if its bigger than the r model, but it doesn't seem to get in my site line, when grading
Yeah, I agree. This contractor mainly uses the D-6's for fine grading and slope work. They've also got a D9R, new D8T, D8R and a D7R. All of those have rippers.
d10t I was just on a job where we got 2 d10t's a d8t and a d6t all brand new. I was useing a 10 but i tried them all out. Even though you can't compare a 6 with a 10 or an 8 for that matter I like them all. the 6 is like a little hot rod compared to the others.
I like the dozer blades on the xw machines ,with the camel back top(one hump now),plus they are a foot wider then the regular xl machines. Which makes then 11'6" cpmared to 10' 6" on the xl machine.I don't like the LGP blades which is another foot wider and has the short lift cylinders,but is not as tall as the xw and xl machines. I did notice in some of the picture of the D6R machine that is over sea that they was running what looked like the xw blades with the short lift cylinders like the lgp machine. Has anyone else noticed that and why is that????:usa
country boy: is that a coal mine? or quarry?
Granite Quarry. There are some more pictures of the equipment around the quarry in this thread, in case you haven't seen it.
Yes, nice looking machine. Must be a bit front heavy with these extra guards and no ripper though.