Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T SystemOne Undercarriage

Mark S · 2022-06-18 18:43

All of your experience has proven very valuable to a newbie like myself. I have a 2010 D6T with a SystemOne track and I have two bushings broken and off center and another bushing loose on the right track. I’m told this is an indicator that the rails are shot. Do you agree? Seeing Cat doesn’t make the system one parts, there is chatter I may need a new undercarriage. Does anyone have a source for parts? I only need the machine for another 500 hours and then I’m trading in. I also realize the value will increase with a new undercarriage, but is that a true statement with a 2010?

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2022-06-19 10:04

    If you want to replace like with like then Cat is your only option for the supply of Systemone parts. Whether the undercarriage can be converted to conventional heavy-duty undercarriage will depend on Serial Number. Some early machines could not be converted because of the track frame design. IIRC the question is does the track frame have 7 track rollers or 8.?

  2. #2JD955SC2022-06-20 04:59

    you may want to run the numbers on trading now vs putting a lot money into it to get to get that little bit more time. The market is nuts right now so you may be surprised. I know I’ve seen our salesmen give insane values for pure junk. I’m no businessman but I’d have a hard time stroking that huge check for a few more hours and a potentially higher trade value.

  3. #3John C.2022-06-20 08:56

    There were some programs that dealt with premature failures on System 1 track chains. I would suggest that you get in touch with your dealer's PSSR for a measurement and possibly a quote on what you need at this moment before making a decision on future possibilities.

  4. #4kcdurtworks2022-06-20 22:07

    My experience when one goes it’s a domino effect. But you can replace a bad box with master links. The bolt pattern is different it would require widening holes on regular pads.

  5. #5JD955SC2022-11-12 22:32

    I cut off a set of tracks this week that had five master clamps on one side bandaiding it together lol

  6. #6OzDozer2022-11-13 08:37

    I've got a good set of D6T System One runout track chains, with all good bushing cartridges! But the freight from Oz might kill the deal! LOL

  7. #7ih1002022-11-13 08:47

    Last year I had six box links, not masters, fitted into a set of D6N tracks. It worked out close to a grand (Sterling) a link. All six were totalled banjaxxed but the rest of the chains were still sound.

  8. #8tctractors2022-11-13 15:33

    In the U.K. 3 links knackered really means tracks scrap, next month 3 more links will come to the party needing again costly repair so the thought is cut your loss and convert to standard wet chains, the average cost of components on an LGP tractor including new guiding guards (1 each side ) is £25'400 that is including our VAT tax at 20%, so that is new complete track groups, top and bottom rollers, 4 idlers, full set of segments, the 2 guiding guards, and all new fasteners, to convert involves a bit of cutting and grinding but you are left with a more liked tractor that lots of owners are happier with, the Systemone is not everyone's liking I have no thoughts on this matter it's just my job to do as I am told by the customer. tctractors