Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T won’t start

Farme · 2024-05-25 14:25

Hi everyone , I’m new to this site, I’ve got a new to me 2008 D6T dozer that I worked for about 20 hours had it sit for 2 months roughly and now will not crank , if I jump start it the hydraulics are dead and my monitor isn’t showing gear position any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1Farme2024-05-25 14:26

    Serial number is Cat 00D6TVLAY01085

  2. #2Nige2024-05-25 14:33

    You're going to have to start tracing power. I'll send you an electrical schematic.

  3. #3Farme2024-05-25 14:54

    Thank you Nige I’ll try to inform as of what I already did, I circuit tested the ignition itself , I tested the start relay in the fuse box, and I jump started the machine proving the starter and solenoid to be fine, I believe the problem to be between ignition and fuse box I pulled pretty much every plug the machine has and sprayed it with contact cleaner

  4. #4Nige2024-05-25 15:15

    The problem as I see it when chasing power is that you have to move in a logical fashion. If you jump around the machine there is always the chance you might miss something. See where the schematic gets you, it might show some connectors/connections you are not aware of.

  5. #5Farme2024-05-28 21:59

    Just in case anyone ever comes across this post my problem ended up being fuses with corrosion on them, I pulled ever single fuse sprayed wd40 in fuse panel but that wasn’t enough, so cleaned them with a file since I didn’t have spare on me, hopefully this saves someone a day of pulling connectors and panels