Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7 17a direct start seller on amazon

ZGrant231 · 2021-03-29 14:33

Does any one recognize or have experience with this seller on Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007AMAMCM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RGPTDSW1VE767YKJJGX8 Assuming its the correct MT50, 11 TOOTH DRIVE LEFT ANGLE HELICAL CONVERSION. I'm looking to do a conversion on my 17a #12338

Replies9
  1. #1Old Magnet2021-03-29 15:10

    I have recommended several installations for this unit but it needs a RH helical drive gear.

  2. #2ZGrant2312021-03-29 19:24

    Thanks for the heads up old magnet. Alot of these sellers aren't very helpful and just reply..."see description" "fits D7 D8 D9 conversion" I wish the links that you've recommended in the past were still good. So it looks like I need a 11, tooth RH helical drive gear 50mt?

  3. #3Old Magnet2021-03-29 20:10

    Yes, RH helical 11 tooth on a 50MT is correct. Does your 17A have the large diameter taped bolt circle?seems some were missing the taped holes.

  4. #4ZGrant2312021-03-29 21:06

    12338 seems to be

  5. #5Old Magnet2021-03-29 22:27

    Yup, looks like your good to go.

  6. #6ZGrant2312021-03-29 22:51

    Pony threw a rod so that's my excuse to try a starter if I can find one. Old Magnet, If you were looking to source a starter for this 17a, where might you look?

  7. #7Old Magnet2021-03-30 00:11

    Being pretty familiar with the 40,42,50 MT starters I would acquire the necessary drive end housing and helical drive to convert most any 50MT starter for the 17A application. The drive end housing/adapter is probably the most challenging to find. It is an aftermarket part usually labeled J&N 371-12144. Nothing wrong with the Rareelectric package if you get the right drive. Also probably cheaper than purchasing individual components.

  8. #8Andreas Jung2021-10-09 07:03

    Yes, exactly. If you are really want purchase helical driver gear box then i can suggest you a better product manufacturer company "Rehfuss", who are able to deliver high quality and efficiency custom-designed helical gear box worldwide. They deliver their excellent services since 1951. There are some characteristics of Helical Gear Box below- Optimised size/performance ratio Highly efficient and low-maintenance Designed for permanent operation under rough conditions Housing produced from high quality grey cast iron with rugged walls High axial and radial forces on the output shaft are permitted Extremely torsion-resistant Hardened helical gears produced from high quality steel with precision ground tooth profiles Diverse attachment options Thankyou!

  9. #9Coaldust2021-10-10 01:53

    Ha ha! Hello fellow heavy-equipment enthusiast, Mr. Jung. I’m sure that you are a most excellent purveyor of only the finest helical gears.