Ive removed a ripper from a D7F to install on a D7G(w/winch).The ripper itself, the lever assembly, and the hoses are off, I was wondering what else I need to take off the F to complete the installation on the G, anything in the tank under the floor?...will the existing winch setup simply run the ripper? Any advise would be appreciated, I want to make sure I have what I need off the 7F before its unavailable. Thanks!
To be certain need the Serial Numbers from both machines.
Thanks Nige, I have the 7G numbers at hand, Ill post the F in abit, I do know the ripper I removed is a #7 parallelogram... D7G Cat ser# 3GF00167 (08Z45600)-Engine (3GF00167)-Machine (2GA06065)-Transmission
Does the ripper have a S/N plate by any chance..? Also are you planning on leaving the winch on the G..? Do you have enough space for that..? I would have thought that there would be clearance issues between the ripper and a winch. TBH I have never seen a machine with both installed at the same time. I'm not sure if your plan will work because the controls (both hydraulic & mechanical) required to run a winch are different AFAIK from those required to run a ripper.
I think i worded my question to give that impression but no the winch will be for sale soon. Serial for the F is #94n409 if that helps.
Sorry to take so long to get back. The winch control valve on your D7G is unfortunately not suitable to control a ripper. You will need to remove the ripper control valve from the 7F and install it on the 7G with whatever modifications might be necessary in the control linkages and/or hydraulic connections. Can't be more specific that that because the hydraulic system for the 7F ripper is part of the 173B Hydraulic Control (for the 7g it's listed in with the tractor itself) and detailed information about it is extremely hard to come by.
I think the winch has a dedicated pump that you would need to swap too. Oops I thought you were installing a winch.
Don't worry - the OP got me confused as well ..............
Lol sorry for the confusion...although I have to admit both would be great! So the control is in the tank? I did open the Fs' tank and remove the 'contents' because that's where the linkage went to...sounds like I should take the whole tank as a pattern or a swap. I have the service manual for both the F and G, I guess I have my work cut out for that future project. Thankyou for the info Ive got a lot to learn...I just got the 7G a few weeks ago and the pan and head is off and its missing the fuel system/radiator/ect. Heres a few pictures...it has 650 hrs and the uc confirms that. Btw I have a complete new d7 undercarriage(aftrmkt) for sale, chain, 22" pads, bolts, segments, refurb rollers, and even rock guards.
Do you still have the rock guards? I need a set for a 1967 D7E 48A series.