Looking for pictures of d7e's that show how they came out of the factory in 1964-1965. Many of these have been modified over the years, I want to put mine back to how it came in the way of battery box location, what the origional seats looked like, etc, etc. Any sites or ideas? Many of the books I buy dont' have many factory or old pics of the d7e they just concentrate on the really old stuff. And the web hasn't been a ton of help either unless there are some hidden sites out there. Thanks for any help!
What is the serial number of your machine? Pony motor or direct electric? Seats changed from solid to spring mounted somewhere in there too. I will help where I can as I have all the books and run 7E's pulling pans.
serial number is 48a4799. Is is a direct start although it has a gas tank for a pony. Dealer said they came that way. I think he's full of bull but I'm new so I dont' know. It may have been converted. It is all hydraulic tilt included. Has ROPS. One battery box looks homemade, the othe one is gone casue the welded up some kind of prtective plate on the sides of the rops. My dash has 3 extra holes in it for gauges. I dont' know what went there, maybe gauges for the origional pony start engine. I am begging to think a lot of stuff my dealer told me was bull. LOL. It is a very clean dozer overall though. Cutting edge on blade has little wear, and has not been turned. All of the pins are tight. Grill has no dents in it. Couple pings on hood. Has been spot sprayed by the dairy farmer at some point. Other than that it seems to be all origional. Seems to be.
Any pics of your machine?
i will post some up after it gets devlivered this weekend.
Hi! I will part out a D7E quite sone! one of the trackframes is craked and the chains/pads are toast, and even the gearbox is bad because it pops gears to neutral... so it's working days are now over, i will sell it for parts. let me know if you need something! e-mail me or put a private message. my machine has a great working pony! but i have been thinking about putting it on my D8 14a, if it fits(looks different).
D7e I owned a D7E and sold it about four years ago.It was s/n 48a3907 built around 1963.Will check out the parts book to see if there is any information on the direct electric set-up.Due believe it was an option though.This machine had pup start and worked well.The battery box was located on the left side close to the seat on the rear fender.It had no ROPS.The carbeurator did'nt like dirty or water in the gas so I installed an in-line filter after the sediment bowl.This helped along with a shot of methyl-hydrate in the colder weather.Started that machine at -30C with no problem.Little cool on the ears though...
48A 4799 would make it a late '64 early '65 build low h.p. (160) tractor. If it came as direct start from the factory it wouldn't have had the pony gas tank fitted...must have been converted...that would also account for the homemade battery box. The guages you should have in the dash are: water temp, water pressure, engine oil pressure, converter temperature, and ammeter. There were no guages associated with the pony...the holes you refer to are probably where the pony gas controls were fitted. Here's a couple of youtube links..the first one shows the original type seat, and the other shows the dash of a pony start machine. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=waMJM8vVf50 http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=A4EV39Mwm08&feature=related There are quite a few images on google, the early 7E's had the hydraulic tank mounted in the nose, and the later ones on the right fender ( I think the change came at the same time as the h.p. increase to 180), but not 100% sure of that.
I have a D7E 48A5186 160 HP, hydraulic is on the right fender. I converted it to direct electric about 4 years ago when the pony died.
Yes my dozer has the hydraulic tank on the right side of the cockpit I am missing the converter temp and the ammeter guages completly. I have 6 holes in my dash and only three filled. I got the service manual, owners manual and parts book for the dozer but they seem to cover all options and models in the e series. Mine does have the little pony motor fuel tank, but no pony motor. Must have been converted. I will proably remove it and weld in a patch on the hood where it sticks out. Also has an extra hole in the hood that's small about 3 inches, with nothing comeing out of it. Looks factory or someone did a real good job cutting it out. Dont' know what it's for. Mybe for the pony monotr exhasut but looks too far forward to be. I will post somepics up soon. I am changing all the fluids and filters on it now. WOW! 3500 bucks at the cat dealer for fluids, filters, gaskets, and a new seat. It was a sold seat by the way.
The hole in the hood was for the pony exhaust, it ran thru the intake manifold of the diesel before exiting out the front. Some of the extra holes in the dash were for the pony controls.
Wow You might should check your prices a little bit. An oil filter in Jonesboro Ar. at Riggs Cat is like $13.00 or so. That's for a 3306 engine on a D6C 10K Series.