Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7E 48A TURBO PROBLEM

oscar quiroga · 2019-06-18 19:49

Hi everyone, I write in the forum because have a problem with my CAT D7E bulldozer. A few days ago the turbo of my trusty old 7 blow up, and now also wanted to try and verify the part number. Engine serial number is 48A4350. Need yours help to tell me what part number is the turbo necesary for my machinary, on internet I find some turbos for newer dozers. As always any help or advice is appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-06-19 08:11

    The part # should be written/stamped on a tag on the intake hsg..

  2. #2oscar quiroga2019-06-19 09:17

    I think the previous owner fix the turbo and chance the intake, checked the turbo and don’t find number part

  3. #3Old Magnet2019-06-19 12:42

    Original turbo for that s/n is a 8M2679 assy. Some sources..... https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/search?page=1&partnumber=8m2679&searchtype=starts-with

  4. #4Nige2019-06-19 15:29

    Another source would be Offroad Equipment - www.offroadeq.com/ - they sell OEM and aftermarket parts. 8M-2679 is cancelled and replaced by 3S-4258. There is also a Cat Reman 0R-5852.

  5. #5oscar quiroga2019-06-19 19:39

    Thanks I find it whit that numbers part