Hello All, I’m new to this forum and this machine. I have a leak in the hydraulic lines that run through the blade push arm to the blade tilt cylinder. I cannot find a schematic or technical info as to the routing, line size/fittings and replacement procedure. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your response. TheRock1755
This is the hydraulic system on a D7F 94n 62XX
For a machine of that generation the hydraulic lines inside the push arm will not be shown in the Parts Manual of the tractor but in the blade, which is a separate Parts Manual. What is the blade Serial Number.? If you can’t find a tag on the back side of the blade post a few photos of it.
Ok, I will have to get the SN or pic’s
There are fittings underneath the covers over the trunnion ball that the blade is attached to and the opposite end of the beam. There is nothing complicated about them. It is just two hose laying in the push beam hooked to bulk head fittings on either end. They are two wire hoses and some people in the past used to put armor covers over them when installing them. The push beams that I have had to work on were always packed hard with dirt and debris. A pressure washer and a lot of digging are likely in your repair future. I never got replacement hoses from the Cat dealer. Any hose supplier can make one from your sample that you removed. It's best to replace both as they last for years.
View attachment IMG_6011.jpeg View attachment IMG_6010.jpeg View attachment IMG_6022.jpeg Pic’s attached. View attachment IMG_6023.jpeg
John C…… remove the covers at both ends and the hoses are exposed, correct.
Need the blade s/n, there are four different arrangements for the hoses.
View attachment IMG_6013.jpeg View attachment IMG_6019.jpeg View attachment IMG_6014.jpeg
Nige, are the pic’s sufficient ??
11’ blade
If you want Part Numbers for the hoses then as OM mentioned above you need the blade Serial Number. It should be on a plate located on the upper RH corner of the back side of the blade. If the plate has gone look for evidence of the rivets that once held it in place because the same number should also be stamped on the blade in that location. Otherwise take John C’s advice, remove the old hoses and have new ones made using the old ones as a pattern. And yes you will need to remove the semicircular cover over the trunnion and the rectangular one over the front end to gain access to the ends of the hoses.
Thank’s GENTLEMAN. I shall proceed.