Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7f engine swap question.

gary808 ยท 2020-06-30 16:58

Local contractor blew up his 3306 #92e1174 b914x Those are the serials he provided me. I have a running pull out from a cat grader that has a serial #72g640 on the engine tag. They want the block and crank. I'm tryin to figure out if they would be the same. Any idea where I would find the engine serial on the grader block? The casting on the block is a 2p9600 Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1.RC.2020-07-01 00:28

    I am not sure what the S/N was when the 92E moved from the D333C to the 3306. I have seen two 92E D7F's with either engine. If the block has the dozer S/N stamped on it, it is a D333C. I think the 3306 they used was a 44V. A 72G is a 14E grader. I am suspecting that is a D333C as well.

  2. #2Old Magnet2020-07-01 12:09

    From what info I have been able to gather the 72G640 is a D333C and didn't become a 3N 3306 until s/n 72G1341. The 92E1174 is also a D333C and from what I see for a parts book run the same manual covers 92E1 to 92E1751 and then would change to the 3306. I didn't get a chance to check the 44V designation for the 3306 but that's probably correct for a Japanese build.