Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7gii

hvy 1ton ยท 2010-08-25 23:07

I've come across a few pics of these dozers and they have drawn my interest. Seems to be sold in the European market and i haven't tried hard to find specs yet. I'm guessing it is powershift, diff steer, ~250hp, and doesn't have a ton of electronics. Anybody run one or know more? A D7G with A/C :drinkup

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952010-08-25 23:39

    Are you referring to this one - http://southeastasia.cat.com/cmms/14079481?x=7

  2. #2hvy 1ton2010-08-26 00:27

    Not exactly, can't find it on cat.com outside of SE Asia though. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7271211

  3. #3SE-Ia Cowman2010-08-26 00:46

    That is very intersting I noticed that there still useing the good old 3306 3406 and 3408 in the D6 D7 D8 and D9 it would be nice not to have to deal with all that EPA crap. I see the optinal equiptment you can get a cab without a Rops.

  4. #4CM19952010-08-26 00:51

    They sell it in Russia - http://rossiya.cat.com/cmms/14079481?x=97 And the Middle East/Africa - http://middleeast-africa.cat.com/cmms/14079481?x=7 It looks the same machine they have for sale in the Netherlands on MT, just with engine enclosures.:beatsme

  5. #5CM19952010-08-26 01:15

    The difference is each Country around the World has the sovereignty to create and enact laws pertaining to many things, in this particular situation emissions. Although the US EPA has rules against these particular engines being sold as new, other countries have not. These countries have decided, for whatever reason, a list of specifications for machines to meet in order to be sold in their country. Cat has obviously met their requirements and produces a product that can be sold in these countries. It is not up to another to pass judgement upon their requirements, as it is theirs to make. It is not per-say Cat being greedy. For example - when a contractor bids a job, he is bound by the specifications written for that particular job. In other words, you provide a service in accordance with the specifications given that govern the transaction. In this case Cat is providing a machine that meets the requirements in the Country they are sold in. As far as the political comments, we shy away from that on HEF.:cool2

  6. #6D6 Merv2010-08-27 03:08

    D7g Not really sure where the D7G and D6G are being built, maybe in indonesia, cat were building D6Ds there. As far as I know they are not built in Japan, but do know the models with 6GC and 7GC serial numbers are built in china. But as stated are only available in selected countrys, unless you can import them in 2nd hand. Have seen one D6G that was imported down here to the bottom of the world. Cheers Merv

  7. #7hvy 1ton2010-08-27 13:05

    Huh, I thought i posted this yesterday. I'm surprised the GII dozers aren't available in South America. I was under the imperssion that most of South America is in the same stages as Eastern Europe industrially. I know 6 years ago that Brasil wasn't any further ahead in the agriculture department.