That looks like Black Soil to me. Found anywhere nn.w of Townsville,Past Prarie,Hughenden,Richmond,Etc. When it rains in that country ,hope you have a couple of cartons up youre duke. A carton is worth more than the nearest towie would charge to get you out..
Did you get it out? How much good did that backhoe in the background do? If nothing else, a backhoe would be good to help bury it. If it's still stuck, it might be time to chain logs to the tracks or find a bigger machine to pull it out.
Maybe use backhoe to dig a toe drain from that caterpuddle, hope you got it out before any rain.
Chain logs to the tracks... Really good idea. I'll remember that one. Cheers
Looks to be more peat than mud, the Scots and Irish hit that nasty stuff there and it can eat a tractor in short notice. We don't have that issue here, just clay and rocks, we call bottom land deep clay blackstick as that is what happens while it is pretty much a form of peat.
I had a big shot in the army corps of engineers tell me one time if you drive two probe's one on each side of the machine and hook a welder up to the prob's it breaks the suction of the mud. I've never had to try it, but often wondered if it worked. :beatsme
dont know if it would work either.........but you could go fishing afterwards with the worms that come outa the ground
It's already out.... no big deal. Everyone always has a better plan. CD
Yeah we managed to get it out with a 320 excavator. We had to dig a ramp behind the machine with a gentle slope. Then I got in the dozer and lifted the front nose out by pushing down with the blade to break the suction from the mud. While the front was still up we chained to the excavator stick and used the stick pressure curling towards the excavator to help pull. It took a couple tries and a whole lot of cussing before we had it out. That mud was found out here in Central California. The property owner wanted my operator to push a little dirt in an old stream bed. He pushed off the top layer of about a foot and the machine just sank as you can see from the photos. The backhoe was pretty much useless to us and for a while I thought I might have to get out my old Cat 235 excavator to help pull. I'm just glad we got the machine out.
Was the outer metal frame protecting the cabin a separate order or did you buy the D7H with it?