Both my local dealer and caterpillar customer care are unable to find the corner bits i need for my ex military 14A, #9A1872. When I bring a picture in of the vin tag 9A1872 the kid behind the counter says that vin doesn't exist. I send the picture to caterpillar customer care and they are unable to locate it as well, But old magnet can find the 14A number equipment without breaking a sweat... so I give them old magnets information of 14A3861 and up direct drive and they tell me they need the "actual VIN" to obtain the correct part. So frustrating! I'm hopeful some one can help me out finding these corner bits and hardware part numbers.
I'm kind of guessing here with no blade s/n but normal 8S blade for the 14A is a 44Cxxxx s/n. Uses a 3G8311/2 Right and left end bit 7-bolt 1J6761 and 2J3506 nut using the latest (not original numbers)
3G-8311/3G-8312 are replaced by 4T-6671 (RH) & 4T-6672 (LH) respectively. Below are the measurements. Hopefully that will help you confirm if they are the correct ones.
Looks to be different, as D and E are located in different positions.
I suggest that you don’t take the drawing as gospel, it’s more an indication of what measurements are what. Try with your tape measure and see how they compare. If the measurements are different then post up a sketch of what you actually have. Alternatively if there is a Serial Number plate on the back RH upper corner of the blade that would help.
I show the 3G units as being 1-1/8" thick and designated General Duty. The 4T units as Finishing not that it makes a huge difference.
The 3G numbers are cancelled by Cat. They may be available aftermarket though.
Try "Regal"..
CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY N: SCART??ER (maybe scarteier) HOUSING ENG. 7 &8 MAKE: PRECO INCORP MOD. RMP-5 DATE MFD. 0/58 NOM. BULLDOZER TR MTG (or MIG) CABLE GPR (or CPR) MAKE: CATERPILLAR MOD. 8S
If Preco Incorp is the manufacturer of the blade I have no idea where you would find the specifications. Hopefully it was built to Caterpillar 44Cxxxx specs.
Based on the 3" between centres measurements shown on your original photo below the end bits on your blade are not the 3G or 4T ones we were talking about above. They are 4" between centres on the lower row of bolts. If you like I can have a poke around in my GET catalogue and see if anything comes up. I would need more info though, any or all of the measurements shown below would help. Also what diameter are the bolts.?
The problem is the old stuff is not easily found in the SIS system (or isn’t in it at all) and takes digging. Your parts counter person is clearly not used to finding the older tractors and doesn’t recognize the old serial number formats.
Problem is that 9A1872 (aka 09A01872) shows up as a D336 engine in either machine or industrial configuration, not a track-type tractor. In other news I may have found a couple of candidates for the end bits. If the OP wants to check these measurements against his end bits I think one of the possibilities on the attached page from the GET Handbook might fit. Slightly different sizes and thicknesses but all basically the same bolt hole pattern. Some use 7/8" bolts, others use 1" bolts.
I had a serial number of something more modern the other day show up as an engine in SIS 2.0, and trying to force it to the machine didn’t work right. Still some in it at this point.
Try Cutting Edge Supply. I don't think they can make those end bits as they're probably cast but they may have an answer. https://www.cuttingedgesupply.com/
makes a differance if its a strait blade or angle blade
Just an update for closure on the thread I started. I finally brought sweet pee to my shop for edges, and winch seals amongst a ton of other small things. THANK YOU ALL for helping find the end bits for my Preco 8S blade! I ended up going with the CAT 105-0574 , 105-0575 and cat 7/8" bolts that fit like a charm. Sweet pee will be headed out to push some shale rock next week and remove a few redwood stumps after that!
Glad it worked out OK for you.