Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D85-18 losing tranny oil

NZLOG ยท 2011-06-09 02:17

Lossing tranny oil but it does not seem to be leaking out the bottom? Going to check final drives in the morning...Just wondering if anyone has had a problem the same and can point me in the right direction? A seal somewhere maybe.

Replies3
  1. #1oldjustin2011-08-21 06:19

    hi in my d85-12 tranny was leaking was yoke between torque convertor and transmisson $5o buck seal and two days work

  2. #2JMJ_D312011-08-22 22:53

    Hi My Komatsu D31-17P is doing the same thing. I'm loseing about two qt of trany fluid every four hours of run time. I see very little spill on the ground not sure were it's going but hope to find out this weekend.

  3. #3JMJ_D312011-08-26 22:49

    I found my transmission leak today. I pulled my rear skid plate off and could see that the oil was leaking out close to wear the universal joint mounts to the transmission. I pulled universal joint off to get a better look and could see right wear the oil is leaking out. I took a look in my shop manual to see what was behind the plate on the front of my transmission and there appears to be an o-ring. I plan on replacing the o-ring in a few days. Im curious to see if this fixes my leak. NZLOG did you find your transmission leak?