Does anybody know what the fuel rate/hr is for an 8h? Its a 35a if it makes any difference. Thanks. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Closest I could find was for the D8K, D342 with 235 vs 225 hp at 8.1 gal/hr low load, 10.8 gal/hr medium load, 13.5 gal/hr high load.
My D8k will burn around 13 to 14 gallons per hour under constant full load like deep ripping. If im just pushing dirt or doing clean up work which I would consider a meduim load it averages about 10 gallons per hour. I would think that a D8h would burn a little less than that because its 20 hp less than the D8K.
Work my D342 spacer plate engine machine hard and she will suck up to 14 gallons an hour.
From memory a D8H Direct Drive used from 8 to 10 gallons (imp) an hour, Powershift 10 to 12.
I ran a D8h 46A power shift for many years, just normal dozing or stumping it would burn about 10gal per hr. but when pushing scrapers when the mud was deep and it was working hard both ways it would suck up to 12.5 per hr.that was right after a complete overhaul & all new salt undercarriage.