Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d8k torqu issues

RobWhite ยท 2023-01-20 23:12

hello every one. I have a d8k that i am having issues with. trans oil is leaking around the flywheel housing where it bolts to the engine block. the crank case is also filling wth trans oil. the dozer still operates fine, the torque does not get hot or stall.

Replies3
  1. #1Bluox2023-01-20 23:45

    Check the seal in the transmission pump. Bad Bob

  2. #2Bluox2023-01-21 00:54

    cancel that check scavenge pump. I misread your post. Bad Bob

  3. #3OzDozer2023-01-21 02:14

    Rob, pull the drain from the flywheel housing and catch all the oil that comes out and measure it. Normally, it shouldn't be more than around about 6 to 8 litres. If it's a lot more, the TC scavenge pump is worn out. However, normally, a worn scavenge pump and a flywheel housing with too much oil in it will cause the TC and transmission to overheat, and the tractor will become sluggish in operation. I'd check the transmission pump seal, as it's common for the transmission pump bearings (bushings) to fail, and this chews out the pump seal. HeavyEquipmentForums