I have a d8 k transmission rebuilt by American crane I put it in and it ran hot. So I checked pressures speed and direction clutches. I engaged tran and the pressure would drop and you could see u joints spinning. I had already cleaned out cooler and changed pump. So I took priority valve off and the master valve off in side tan off and replaced them wth ones from working tractor and still you would engage the tran and would sit and spin u joints and would lock up in first after about 5-6 second. Second never did lock up. I sent it back to them and they said there is nothing wrong with it. I think it's the couch pack and or piston rings. Am I missing anything? What r the the symptoms I gave sound like.
You need some one to post the test sheet. What is the pump pressure in neutral at high and low idle? The selector spools might need adjusting. Later Bob
410-420ish pump 320 speed clutch and can't precisely remember direction but wanna say 265-270ish nothing super low but I thought direction could of been better
Can't recall exact spec but think around 360 psi speed clutch, dir clutch is speed reading less 55 psi. Get the oil warm and check the clutch pressures at high and low throttle in gear brake applied. pressure should hold 90% of high reading at low throttle. Greater drop would indicate a leak. Clutch modulation should take around 2 seconds. Later Bob
D8K specs, same as late model H. Seems to be leaks or to many clutches engaged.
Thanks a lot guys! If it where slipping how long would it take to burn up clutch packs? They r telling me there is no evidence of wear on clutches. That's hard for me to buy.
What are the pressures you are getting in each gear? How is the modulation time? What gears will hold the drive shaft? Are you sure the steering clutches are not released? Later Bob
It held in 1st decently until it warmed up and in third. And I also wondered about the steer and clutches but how would I check them all all wouldn't my tractor be pulling from one side to the other and if my brakes are applied they shouldn't slip at all I would figure
Reverse? I suspect clutch pack #3? With the info your giving this appears suspect? Guessing....TIO
Yes, unless the linkage is wrong and they are releasing when they shouldn't. Check for oil at the 1/8NPT plugs on the elbows to the clutches. Should be no oil until you want to steer. All I can think of is the shift spools needing adjustment. I forget the positions but the spool ends need to flush up with machined faces on the valve body. Something is wrong with that rebuild. Later Bob
Linkage Adjustments
I finally remembered my password so OK I put this transmission back in after replacing the clutch packs that were slipping and have been burned up. The steering clutches are holding they are not released. and soon as I get a chance I'm going to warm up and put gauges on the trans