Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8n?????

Jatreecompany ยท 2015-06-12 14:34

Someone told me the later model d8n had two pumps vs the older one which made them stronger/quicker about turning anyone clarify this for me or am I in left field. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1earthscratcher2015-06-13 00:30

    single pumpers are serial # 9tc built from 87 to 93, double pumpers are serial # 5tj built from 93 to 95, not sure on stronger turn/quicker, but could not turn and run blade at the same time on the single pumper. have only run a single pumper, maybe some body who has ran both can answer that.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2015-06-14 19:58

    The 5TJ are much better, but still not as nice as an "R" model. The 9TC is a slug. It is low on horsepower to start with , then relying on the same pump for implements and steering just overtasks it for anything buy straight pushing. I have owned D-8's of every vintage from H, K, L, R, and T, and never regretted that I never had an N. I have ran them of both serial breaks, and didn't like either one.

  3. #3Jatreecompany2015-06-14 20:46

    I appreciate y'all's replies. Would like to continue to hear more. Thanks