Found this browsing the tube, thought it was interesting the amount of work that goes into it, and some of the line boring machines they use. Man is that pivot shaft huge. http://youtu.be/LILofNJ7KVo?t=2m3s
I am impressed,talk about having the right tools for the job.I ran an 8N for a season and I liked it,it had good balance with the ripper.Visibility is good except off of the quarters as it applies to all those high track machines,not a problem with the big dozers but when you are grading around structures as in putting in a road base with the smaller high tracks it can get aggravating.Thanks for sharing.Ron G
Thats was pretty cool i must say
A few weeks ago on a thread in the grader forum we were talking about CCR. That clip gives an idea of the work that goes into the process and at the end allows the machine to go out of the shop complete with a new Serial Number and a full factory warranty .........
Yair . . . Some of the Kiwi blokes will be able to set me straight but I seem to remember that many years back when the value of the NZ dollar made new gear prohibitively expensive the local Cat. dealers in Christchurch had there own in house rebuilding scheme and certain machines could be bought with a new warranty. I don't think it was a Caterpillar initiative . . . just a local businesses response to the Pacific Peso. Cheers.