Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8r transmission

d4c24a ยท 2013-07-18 15:36

This has been posted on another forum i use , and wondered if anyone here would have any thoughts first post Good day everybody. I have a caterpillar d8r bulldozer with serial prefix 7xm that during work the equipment just stopped moving forward or backwards. On checking the transmission filter,I saw gray and black particles inside the casing. Is it possible that the transmission has failed? Is there any other thing I can check? I replaced the filter and tried to move it but it will not move. Also the transmission oil smells burnt. second post Good day everybody. I have removed the transmission and found out that some of the clutch fibers are burnt. I requested for all the clutch fibers from a CAT dealer and had them and seals replaced. After which the problem is still there. There is this seal with part number 8P-2023 attached to clutch with part number 7G-7724. I changed it a second time still the pressure for first speed Forward and Reverse is still low. I know the problem is with the clutch number 5 as other speeds are engaging properly with good pressures. And since clutch number 5 us the common clutch for first speed forward and reverse. I need advice cheers graham

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2013-07-18 16:25

    Go on the other forum and suggest that the OP comes on here and posts. It would get very messy trying to relay questions and suggestions "2nd hand" so to speak from one forum to another.

  2. #2d4c24a2013-07-18 16:31

    i have sent a link to this , the OP is from italy and there might be a bit of translation needed first cheers graham