Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8t vs d155ax7

7nlcattle · 2018-08-19 00:29

Looking to buy a used dozer for pushing rock and dirt in a small quarry situation. I know that the cat is probably a better dozer but komatsu is half the price in the same condition and options. The local cat dealer is horrible with parts and service which is forcing me to consider other manufacturers for all equipment. Another kicker is that I live in California and have to deal with EPA so dozer should be tier 4.

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632018-08-19 09:33

    The price and availability of Komatsu parts would be enough to keep me away but that's just my personal opinion.

  2. #2Junkyard2018-08-19 09:42

    Agreed! I’ve run and worked on both. If a feller thinks Cat is high on parts go get some for a Komatsu. As far as pushing dirt I believe they would both do the job. Long term...I’d go Cat and start seeking a different cat house for support.

  3. #3epirbalex2018-08-22 20:48

    I was running my finger over a photos of a NZ forestry company's machine's road building activity , Cat diggers every one , two late model 155's though . Says a bit , only as good as the backup . Thread here a while back about two NZ hightracks D8's , one a spare for the other and neither would do a days work .

  4. #47nlcattle2018-08-24 09:22

    The next closes cat dealer that is a different owner is about a six hour drive. Currently major parts are coming from another state that is about a 20 hr drive so they are being shipped in.