Cat D9G 1971 ish, Serviced a few months back so I know it had proper fluid levels, Customer complained about the starter malfunctioning so long story short I put it back in after repairs, checked fluid levels to find engine overfull and transmission low, Not tons of expierience with these, Volvo never had a dozer line, Noticed that the connection between the two is a universal joint. I would assume then it would be coming from the converter? Rear main seal bad? Looking for any wisdom at this point to determine the problem. Thank you for any input.
Pull the plug on the torque divider and be ready for 10 gallons of oil. if you get more that 2 gals pull screen and scavenger pump . Bob
Thanks Bob, is this a common theme with machines of this vintage? How much of a process is it to change? All ears, Frank.
I'm guessing you mean a 66A machine ? What do you want to change? To access the torque divider you need to drop the back pan and go at it from underneath . The plug is on the bottom of the torque housing and the screen and pump are on the back side toward the transmission below the drive line. If there is not much oil in there don't need to pull pump. Bob
Thanks for the info Bob, customer hasn't used it all season and is now asking what will it take to get it moving again. it is according to what I have written down, 66H.