Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dad’s first machine

dayexco ยท 2008-12-12 16:32

my dad bought this badger trencher back in 47

Replies5
  1. #1surfer-joe2008-12-12 20:18

    Well, it's as old as me, but it looks better.......

  2. #2Squizzy246B2008-12-12 21:13

    :lmao:falldownlaugh...Maybe you could use a coat of paint too Joe Dayexco stole my thunder. This christmas I'm hoping to locate Dad's old crawler in the scrub out the back of nowhere. The ole man is really looking forward to the trip although he is nearly 80. He swears he knows exactly where he left that #*!!#^* piece of old crap back in the 50's:cool2. He keeps on wanting to bring some shotless shotgun cartridges with him so we can "fire the old girl up" I don't know we can go that far on this trip but I can see the truck doing a long trip up the Murchison region in the not too distant future.

  3. #3RonG2008-12-13 04:56

    I am impressed by how good that old trencher looks.The sheetmetal is like new on it. It shows how good you take care of your equipment.Ron G

  4. #4dayexco2008-12-13 10:57

    that pic is at least 25 yrs old, alas.....that trencher is probably now melted down into the frame of peterbilt somewhere

  5. #5Taylortractornu2008-12-26 22:07

    Is that a Chain or a bucket wheel machine? Im couldnt tell in the pic, you should restore the old rig. I think it would be a hit at a show or a nice displae piece in front of an office. Used to be a fellow in Alabama I knew that had an old TD18 dozer with a B&E blade and Hiels scraper behind it. sitting in a mulched flowerbed. It was a good looking pice and he joked about it getting used. I went in one day went in to see him about an extra job and there was fresh tracks comming out of the flower bed, turned out he had a show to go to and then dug a pond in a wet spot.