Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo SL290 functions dies down

Fredbr ยท 2014-05-28 06:27

I have my machine about a year now and did some work with no hassles, but then it was idle for the last few months. Did start it again and removed some trees, but had intense shudder on the swing brake to one side which I got a technician in to confirm(so I will be replacing the friction plates on the swing motor soon). We started the machine and for some reason blew out the drain hose with threads from the pilot pump, so took it of and had it fixed and refitted, but since then we have intermittent issues that all functions are super slow after the machine has been working for a while. The pilot pump gets massively hot. Also need to mention the one travel motor shows pressure of around 100 bar on its pump, whereas the other travel motor and pressure is over 200. This low pressured motor the almost dies after a while. Not sure if these might be related but I'm thinking if the oil gets so hot when traveling that it then affects the rest of the functions after a while, cause started the machine this morning and used all functions(except traveling) and the response was normal, but after I travelled about 300meters all functions went super slow. I've read in the shop manual that over all slow response points to low pilot pressures, but as mentioned when started from cold the stick, bucket and boom stalling pressures are around 270-320bars on the front and rear pumps depending on functions,but when it starts getting slower these pressures on the pumps almost halves if not more. I did already remove the main hydraulic tank strainer on the suction line and it is clean. I ,also loosened the hose going from pilot pump to accumulator to make sure air is out and oil is coming out. Pilot filter also replaced. Hyd oil exactly on levels. Thank you

Replies2
  1. #1Fredbr2014-05-28 09:19

    I left the machine to cool down for a few hours and started it again without traveling. Started trenching and after about 5-10mins started going slower and slower and pressures on my pumps keep dropping as the oil heats up.

  2. #2uffex2014-05-28 11:23

    Good day Fredbr We suggest you check your pilot pressure, this will create the pressure to release the swing brake. If the pilot pressure is bad it can result in many faults.Note be sure to use only engine idle speed when you check the pressure. We have documented checking pressures at excatech.com you can obtain the document for free on the web site. Kind regards Uffex