Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo used loader prices – very low.

Sk187 ยท 2010-12-18 15:41

I have been looking at alot of Daewoo mega 250 lll and 300 lll loaders. I am seeing these things going for sale at under $25,000 with around 2000 hrs on them. There has to be something wrong with Daewoo's that no one is picking them up. Everyone says parts are easily available, I just cant figure out why they go so cheap.

Replies7
  1. #1Sk1872011-01-05 21:12

    Does anyone have an idea why all daewoo's seem to sell with low hours. A 2006 Daewoo 250 v with 2000 hrs is selling for 40,000-45,000 dollars while a comparable Deere 624 would be about 100,000.

  2. #2motrack2011-01-05 21:35

    My limited experience with Daewoo loaders is they experience a lot of electrical problems. I know of a gravel pit in Indianapolis the got a new one 2 years ago and has had electrical problems from day one. Outside of that it seems to be a good machine. Nice machine to operate and easy on fuel...... local dealer is good and parts availablty has been overnight.

  3. #3Diagonal Brace2011-01-08 10:53

    We purchased an unused 2008 Terex badged Doosan last year for the paltry sum of $69000.00. After we installed a ground switch we seemed to eliminate any electrical demons that where lurking and when the operators come in to work they want the T-rex not the 924H parked beside it. Better visibility and quieter have been my observations. As for resale who cares it was less than half of any of the leading brands at the time.

  4. #4HSV1272011-01-08 15:31

    I have an older Daewoo 20 ton wheeled excavator, not bad to operate as wheeled excavators go, but the electrics are always playing up!

  5. #5bvwaste2014-02-12 10:15

    Hello, I am looking at a 2008 Doosan 200 wheel loader and I am curious what you mean by a ground switch?

  6. #6Diagonal Brace2014-02-14 22:28

    A master disconnect switch to isolate the batteries when not in use. They didn't come equipped with one and with infrequent use the batteries drain and then boosting is required.

  7. #7John C.2014-02-15 12:59

    Daewoo has become Doosan. Most people I've talked to about them weren't sure if the dealers were going to keep supporting the older badges. That's if the original seller was even still around. I looked at a 950 sized Daewoo loader with around 6,000 hours on the clock and it had a piece of scrap metal welded over the top of the bottom center hitch pin. The operator told me the pin somehow worked up and out of the lower hole and they caught it just before the lower half of the joint sagged. I had to work on a couple of older excavators and there was no information about the machines available even though the owners had purchased a "service manual". It had no schematics and only simple line drawings of hydraulic components. Takes awhile to fix what you can only guess at. There is getting to be a sizable population of Doosan logging shovels here in the northwest. I'm told they cost about half as much as a name brand.