Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dale Earnhardt Sr. on a D 10

Tinkerer ยท 2020-06-20 18:27

Yes, He really was ! I was there.

Replies8
  1. #1BigWrench552020-06-20 20:50

    I haven't seen a TJ Lambert equipment in years. One of the last few companies that would hire independents. To bad they aren't in business anymore. At least hear in Texas.

  2. #2bccat2020-06-20 20:54

    He also owned a D7E which he used on his ranch

  3. #3CM19952020-06-20 21:22

    Paul independents as in an independent mechanic? I wish I could find an independent mechanic in my area.

  4. #4BigWrench552020-06-20 21:29

    Yes. Unfortunately independent mechanics are becoming a thing of the past. Companies around here are buying their own service trucks and putting warm bodies in them to save a buck. I have been toying with the idea of buying a service truck and going in the business of bailing out these warm bodied parts changers. Just can't crap or get off the pot.

  5. #5CM19952020-06-20 21:45

    We're a small company that cannot afford a full time mechanic and service truck at our size. I wish I had a a mechanic I could call when when a machine goes down but not be on my clock full time.

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-06-20 22:49

    After Tommy Lambrecht was killed in a car accident on his way home after a NASCAR race in 2003, his wife took control of the company. It wasn't too many years and she sold everything. I worked 30 years for the original Brown and Lambrecht and then TJL. Laverne "Bitz" Brown and Paul Lambrecht are both deceased.

  7. #7mitch5042020-06-20 22:54

    What kind of speed did he get out of her? You know Eevil Kneevil Jr is going to jump 1000 Antifa rioters with a D11, and is taking up a collection to buy the fuel.

  8. #8petepilot2020-06-20 23:00

    warm bodies are all you get in or out of shops now days` seen a couple this last week that made me wonder about their temperature. won`t mention who they worked for