Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dale Weiss’s Death

Tinkerer ยท 2024-01-23 08:52

Dale was a well known source of parts and help for anything made by the Case Construction Equipment Co. I knew he was struggling with his health issues the last couple of years of his life. He could only work half days and sometimes not at all. His sister Debbie worked in the business along with him. I don't know if she will carry on with the parts business or not. below is a link to his obituary. Dale Weiss Obituary - Ballard and Sons Funeral Home and Cremation Services - Daleville - 2023 View Dale Edward Weiss's obituary, send flowers and sign the guestbook. www.legacy.com

Replies6
  1. #1sled dog2024-01-23 12:19

    Tink, thanks, I didn't know he was gone. I knew him and his family personally. Bought an 1150 from them in '77, and other parts from Dale in the last dozen years or so. In the late 70's, they used to throw "steak fries" for customers and friends at their store on the huge stone built in grill. Always, always, treated as a friend and never just a customer. The world is now a lesser place...

  2. #2micmut2024-01-23 12:35

    That's so very sad to hear, as I have had many dealings with Dale ! He was so helpful and pleasant to chat with . My condolences to the family! Dale will be missed!!!

  3. #3kshansen2024-01-23 15:22

    Never knew the guy but the name rang a bell when I saw this post. I do recall reading posts where he was suggested as source of parts or information, sorry to hear he's gone.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2024-01-23 17:49

    Dammit.!!!!

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-01-23 21:57

    Never knew he was paralyzed. Pretty amazing he chose to spend his time trying to help people fix their machines and save money in the process. A true legend and confirmed Case expert. An inspiration to all. He will be missed.

  6. #6Tarhe Driver2024-01-28 09:28

    What a loss to the world. His life was well-lived.