This is a job I did to build a boat ramp down into a lake.Had to dam it off first and then pump it out.I did it as the water depth is about five feet over the subgrade for the ramp.I did it myself as my excavator hand was off on another job and I had to get it done for our concrete hands. I though the pics were pretty cool.Anyways,here they are. last two are the subgrade,then finished with 8 to 12 inch bull rock before the dam is removed to let the lake in.
:lmao :lmao :guns With that title I was expecting to see an excavator AS the dam Great set of pics, looks like you were enjoying yourself and didnt really mind that the usual op was otherwise engaged. :drinkup
LOL, as soft as the material was underneath me,I was beginning to wonder. I kept feeding the dam this heavy gumbo clay material and would walk it in a little at a time as I went.All in all,you`re right.I had a good time running it.
what size hoe is that...160??
came out very nice. Looks perfect. Shane
Hey Gasfield.It is a 210 if I`m not mistaken.Thanks Rockmuncher, took me a little while to get it done.I had to smash bullrock about two feet down into the mud then put a foot of processed spec base on it ,then pump truck the concrete to it.
oh ok...210, i was gonna say that but wasnt for sure, guys is it just me or do case hoes resemble john deeres alot??
I do agree Gasfield,they look a lot like a Deere in design.
do case excavators have cummins engines in them, i know the loaders and dozers do...
Honestly,I`m not for certain on this model.Pretty much all I ever have run in excavators have been Cat and Komatsu.This was my first tim ever using this Case the company I work for owns.You have my curiosity up though and I will check to see what power plant its using. I will say this,for its size,it is an excellent machine.I was loading a haul truck as fast as he could turnaround. I do like Caterpillar above all for an excavator.I ran a 365 Cat quite a bit.The sweetest machine I ever touched excavator wise.She could pull some serious rock and load some serious quick.
yeah i have never run a case hoe either...all i have ever run is deere and cat...that hoe you are running in the pics looks to be about the same size as a 200C deere...good all around machine for the size project you are doing, machines of that size (60,000 and under) is what we mostly use down around here, there aren't many machines big as a 365 around here
Finish, How did you like the Case? Did it run well etc. Their hoes look similar to Deere but the Case 130/135's do not look anything like Deere's 120/135. I've always wanted to try a Case hoe. Maybe soon I can. Looked nice and warm out there Finish. Good day to dig. I'm liking all the Case iron out there though.
our cx160b has an isuzu engine, great little machine!
yeah i didnt even know case made lizzard trucks...is it a 25ton 30ton??
Case excavator = Link Belt excavator
I heard that they were Huyandai???????? Maybe someone can set me straight
No, Sumitomo or however you say/spell their name makes Link-Belt / Case excavators. Minis are different.
Howdy Coopers..I loved it.It is an excellent machine in my opinion.Plenty enough power and fast enough to suit me.Yup was real warm that day but its like that most of the time in the spring here.96 degrees today
Howdy Gasfield.This truck is brand new.It appeared in our yard one day after we dug a large stock tank with our D-6, trackhoe and a John Deere rental offroad haultruck(lizard truck).One of the owners was so impressed with the speed of cut and haul using the excavator and lizard truck that he bought one after we finished the rental time on the JD. I think this is a 25 ton, possibly a 20 ton.I haven`t been inside it yet.Only seen the outside throwing mud out of the lake bottom on it Gene
I'm pretty green at this, but would a case 210 be able to break up concrete foundations 6 to 8 inches thick? Or would you need to use a breaker attachment? I've got six obselete hog buildings about 60 x 80 that need to be buried and I was wondering if I could break the foundation up with the bucket and bury them with an excavator about the size of a case 210. I don't own and excavator but excavators are easily rented in this neighborhood and I have seen excavator prices drop significantly in the last couple years. I also have four miles of ditches to clean out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
oh yeah you can move some serious material in no time loading it out with a lizzard truck, especially if they dont have far to go to dump, and they can haul faster than a regular tandem truck because rough ground doesnt really slow them down that much central...a machine taht size should break up old concrete pretty easy...as long as you can get the teeth under it
I just broke up a 10" thick wall with my ex120:cool2
Thanks, gasfield and wilddanz. I should've stated that it's the floor I was asking about and not the wall. I've been told that since the floors are 40 years old and have had hog manure on them since the Nixon years that the concrete would crumble without any trouble. So it looks like a cat 315 or 320 would also work? And I also need to move about a half football field of solid hog manure about five feet deep. I just have to remember to not fall in. I'll try to wait until August when it's about ripe.
I don't think you'll have a problem finding a machine to do the job, just don't break the machine, might have a bit of difficulty finding a mechanic who will work on it!
shew damn, i would hate to be the man to have to shovel the tracks after the work was done :throwup and yeah a 315 would do it...they got plenty of ballz for what you need it for
Lizard trucks - never heard that term before, around here we call them artics. Who makes the lizard/artic truck for Case?
Its a new one on me too, we call um ADT's or as the foreman at work refers to the Volvo A25E's, the Moxy I do know but cant remember who makes the Case ADT's, :Banghead seem to think they are Italian