Is there a dash cam on the market that would record a full work week on one memory card? I would like to have a camera mounted in my excavators behind the operator that I could use to audit operator habits, truck loading cycle times and amounts, and whatever else that this camera would see. It would be good to have a full week's worth of activity so that any question as to how many loads any certain truck hauled could be resolved with accurate video evidence. Sometimes the operator's tally sheet doesn't agree with the independent hauler's sheet, so someone gets cheated-- either the trucker, the landowner selling the material, or the excavator. Any thoughts?
Don't know about a camera setup, but I write tickets and the drivers get them signed in the dumping end.
Only thought I got, is you got time to watch a weeks worth of video, even at fast forward? Something to think about.....
Yeah I thought about if having one just adds something else for me to do, even if I just review 3 or 4 random snippets of the week's work. But it might be useful if there was a problem. One company I worked for years ago-- before I got into construction-- had auditors come from the home office to each branch office to snoop around, count the cash, stuff like that. One of them thought it was important to count the number of styrofoam cups and sugar packets used to determine if the employees were overusing the break room. They fired her pretty quickly.
If you have a good operator I don't think I'd be telling him the camera is to help "audit" his "habits".