Hello-I have an old Cat D6 8U which I don't have the serial number at the moment for. I am looking for information on how to adjust the main clutch. The tract will move when the clutch is engaged, however, when loading the blade to push something it begins to slip. This machine is used on my property sparingly and had a clutch overhall a few years back...probably has about 80 hours+/- on the new clutch. Any insight or direction will be appreciated and I will get the serial number and add to this. thanks
...so far, I have not found a serial number for the machine and know this makes a difference.
pull the cover off the top of the clutch housing and bar the engine over by hand until you see a silver spring loaded pin with the clutch disengaged pull pin out and rotate the inner ring clockwise until you get the proper amount of pull on the clutch lever
I didn't know there was an 8U prefix. I have run a 9U though - learn something new every day!
Maybe a master cluch adjustement or stering cluch adjustement
Seems as though they were both built in the same time frame starting in 1947.
8U has a narrower track gauge. FWD
Thank you for the advise\insight on the 8U clutch. It worked wonders.