Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dave Husby…R.I.P.

Dave Hadden ยท 2012-02-17 11:47

Just found out that Dave Husby passed away on the 10th. I worked for him during the transition period between Husby Trucking and Husby Forest Products back in '86. Very hard-working guy and he treated his crew well too. Too damn young to go though. http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-280249-david-j-husby.html Take care.

Replies7
  1. #1Vigilant2012-02-17 22:17

    Godspeed to an honorable man.

  2. #2fitzpatrick2012-08-23 23:12

    Hi Dave Hadden: I also worked with Dave Husby at Sandspit about '75. Dave had an old HDX ( I believe ) dump truck. I was falling and yarding danger trees with my Clark 667 skidder along the Alliford 400 Main. Dave seemed to enjoy any phase of logging. I've got a picture of him driving his truck somewhere in my collection. Sad to know he's gone on to the big show.

  3. #3fitzpatrick2012-08-23 23:15

    Hi Vigilant: I posted a response to your school days on Dumbest Trucker.

  4. #4Easy Money2012-10-09 03:15

    Sad to see Dave go so young. I worked for him in Eden Lake a couple of shifts in the early 90's and knew him in Sandspit. Always admired his go-getter attitude. So long, Dave.

  5. #5trakloader2012-10-11 21:37

    Someone was telling me that Dave's days were always numbered, he had some medical condition, and he lived longer than anyone else with that particular condition. Can't remember what it was that he had, though. He sure did accomplish a lot in his lifetime.

  6. #6tugman2013-01-23 09:38

    Sorry to hear of Dave's passing. We went to school together in Gibsons, and were friends for many years. RIP old son.

  7. #7tugman2013-01-23 09:43

    Dave had diabetis all his life. I remember a time when we were just in our twenties. I was sitting in the cafe in Sechelt. Dave came storming in and sat down. He kept looking around. I said what are doing Dave. He says, I just excaped from the hospital again. He was always having a few drinks, and he wasn't supposed to as it made him really sick. In the end the doctors were so fed up with him they just said David get out of here. I f you don't quit this you are going to die. That is when he went to the islands and got himself straightened out with his work. Dave was a very smart man, once he got thru' with the partying we used to do.