Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Davleco 32 inch Self Propelled Vibrating Roller

Jolls ยท 2026-04-22 21:26

Hi Team, I have just picked up a Davleco 32 inch Self Propelled Vibrating Roller on a Dean Trailer (Made in Goulburn NSW). It is probably an Ex Local Council jobbie. Engine Number has it dated at around 1974. It is powered by a Lister ST1 diesel so it was pretty easy to find a workshop manual for the donk; however, I can't find much info online other than that. There is a video showing one very simialr to mine being operated here . Plan is to restore her back to working order. The previous owner purchased it 40 years ago to do a tennis court and has used it twice since - the last time being around 25-30 years ago. Once he finished that job he parket it under a tree and it hasn't moved since. New filters have been ordered and I will get stuck into the resto over the next few weeks. Does anyone have an old Davleco Manual for this old girl? Cheers n Beers

Replies4
  1. #1Jolls2026-05-13 14:11

    Progress. The trailer has been stripped and the welds converting it to a flat bed from a tilt bed were cut away and a new tilt lock system installed. Now time to strip the wiring and paint in preparation for painting. Probably should replace the 30 year old tyres - surprising that they even hold air. Took a bit of work to get the roller running. Not from a mechanical perspective so to speak. The incorrect oil filter had been fitted so I had to lift the old Lister to get it out through a hole that had been cut into the back of the "firewall". Drained the oil and fuel, changed the filters (the correct oil filter fits like a glove) and added new fluids. I bled the air out of the fuel lines and checked the electrical - the switches and indicator lights were all shot so I bypassed them. Threw some grease in where needed and chucked a battery into the cradle.

  2. #2Jolls2026-05-13 14:37
  3. #3Tones2026-05-13 17:14

    Just for you Jolls so you don't feel alone.

  4. #4Jolls2026-05-13 17:36

    Sounds exactly the same; uncanny.