HI all! I hope there are some members experts in the maintenance of trucks. I have a form on which are reported the daily inspection of a mining truck. (Wheel, Engine, etc). I would like to organize the data and report them on a file, so I can have a plain view of all the inspection on a long term (weekly, monthly..), instead of opening the several day by day files. Do you have any Idea of how I can organize that?
We have a basic form that our operators fill out daily. Once a week the information gets put into the data base. When maintenance works on something they fill out a different forum and gets put into the data base. You could also do this in excel and use a different page (tab at the bottom) for each peace of equipment. I would keep the first page blank so you can set it up with an over view by linking to the other pages. If you use excel you will limit your self on the amount of information you can easily pull form it and would want to watch the size limits over time.
Thank you for your reply gravelwasher! It is a good idea to use a different page for each equipment. As, I have several similar Trucks (the same model) which go through the same inspection, the only thing that will change in each tab will be the date. So in each tab, on a column I will report the date of the inspection and on the corresponding “rows” the Checklist to do for the equipment and at the head of the “sheet” or top line, I will insert the “ID” of the different trucks. By doing that I can report one month data on each tab. And the next month I will just have to duplicate each tab, rename it, in order to differentiate it from the other previous month. For one year I will “only” have 60 Tab ( if I check 5 equipments).
I have not used excel to store date in 10 years. I only use it to make up forms and than store the info in data bases. It sounds like it should work.