Is there any difference in weight from a truck with dayton wheels to a truck with disk or budd wheels? My truck currently has Daytons and is getting changed to Budds due to unavailability of drums and other misc parts. I'm hoping to lose some weight or even stay the same without getting aluminum wheels due to cost.
the Budds maybe a little lighter, but not much
Traditionally, I think Daytons are considered a heavier setup. Some say heavier duty as well. You might be lighter, but the overall weight difference may be nominal. I'd be curious know myself.
There is a difference because of the spokes.The cast iron spokes are pretty heavy and going to Buds is a little better.Plus tires run true and no danger of the rim slipping on them.Most Dealers can tell you how mush weight diference there is.
did any one ever find out the weight difference I am trying to lighten up a dump trailer
Yeah clintm , Don't know for sure but would guess 35 to 50 pounds difference between a Dayton & bud style wheel assembly . That's not enough for myself to go to the trouble of changing from Dayton to Bud . The Dayton is a tougher wheel set up plus allot easier to change a tire with simple hand tools in my opinion .
I have all three dayton ,double nut budd and unimount just trying to get a good weight to see if its worth it
IM the same way clintm . I reckon if a feller was trying to shave off pounds , Just wonder if aluminum bud's on super singles is the way to go ?
one problem I see would be when you have a flat or bust a side wall on a job site you would stuck there and not be able to limp back to the shop on the daul beside it.
I wouldnt be surprised if some budd setups are heavyer that daytons. I have daytons on one truck i wish my other one had them to and if i buy another truck i will pay more for one that has daytons but i change my own tires. I had a flat on a job were the truck with daytons was being used off road for several days. It took longer to jack it up than it did to switch out the outside tire useing hand tools.