Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DD22 Ingersoll Rand engine repower

excavator ยท 2017-03-21 13:44

I have a customer with an IR DD22 roller with a Cummins A1700 engine in it. The engine came unglued yesterday, haven't torn into it yet but I do know that several push rods are bent. Called Cummins this morning about parts availability and the push rods are available but no one appears to have any in stock in the Cummins system. Asked about a camshaft and it's obsolete. So my questions are, does anyone have experience with this engine as far as rebuild/parts availability? Or has anyone ever done a repower in this roller or any other machine that used this engine?

Replies2
  1. #1Ben Witter2017-04-18 12:00

    There is a reason Cummins quit making this engine. As far as repowering it you can always try it but you most likely will have more into it than it is worth.

  2. #2excavator2017-04-18 21:41

    Thanks for the reply. It seems that I had a lazy Cummins partsman. I did a little more checking elsewhere and it appears all the parts are available so we will be fixing this engine.