Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DD9G model

91J ยท 2009-08-05 22:50

Click this link http://65.1.165.246/dd9g and see what I've been working on over the last bunch of years.

Replies7
  1. #1dirtpusher92009-08-06 18:52

    Beautiful work. I can very much appreciate the time and what you have created. And it is also a rare model. Great work.

  2. #291J2009-08-12 20:23

    Thanks for the reply dirtpusher9. Yes its a very rare setup from 1964. The quad track I based this model on was still working in Northern Kentucky several years ago.

  3. #3CAT D9H2009-08-12 21:01

    Thats a cool set up , what scale is it in or near? I have seen pics of them on another forum , looks great !!

  4. #491J2009-08-12 21:48

    The model scale is 1/8. It measures about 65 1/2" long.

  5. #5Truck 5052009-08-13 20:43

    That DD9G in northern KY didn't happen to belong to Coppage did it. I have seen one in Northern KY and I believe the same one in Hamilton OH. also.

  6. #691J2009-08-13 22:23

    Thats the one. Do you know if it is still in operation?

  7. #7Truck 5052009-08-14 08:34

    The last time I saw it was in Butler County Ohio. They were moving the dirt on the corner of By-Pass 4 And RT 129 for the construction of Bridgewater Falls shopping center. That was about four or five years ago I think. They were pushing about twenty or thirty scrapers with it ranging from newer 621F - old 641's. They moved a huge amount of dirt and rock. If I had to guess, I would say it is still in operation somewhere in southern Ohio or northern KY. It looked to be in really good shape still for its age. If I recall correctly, it seems like I can also remember seeing it work at Forest Fair Mall about twenty years ago (thats a guess) which is located at I-275 and Winton Rd. which is on the northern Hamilton County and southern Butler County line.