At work we have an old Deawoo 170, the operators have complained about this thing for years. Some of the former complaints: road speed to slow, We tried to verify that but after reading the operators manual and correctly setting it up for travel it hit max road speed ( truck followed to check speed ). Now it wont go up a steep incline, they used a backhoe to pull it up a hill today. I suspect that they never had the control panel in the correct setting for road speed, but if its true that it wont go up a hill has anyone seen this condition before with a Deawoo and what was the fix. We do have a service manual but its not written very well. I dont have it in the shop yet but want to try to get a jump on things. Thanks for your input.
I'm not familiar w/ that model but .. What did you do, just move the setting to road speed? are you getting full rpms out of the engine?
On the control pad it has 3 settings the first setting is strictly for digging if I recall the second is for digging and moving around the job site, controlls act slower and the last is for travel. This is all off the top of my head I could be off.
Full RPM out of engine, this thing has low hrs for its age.
TYPO I think its a 130 not 170, Id like to see a 170
IF it has 3 different settings.. then use the settings for the operation at hand.. IF it was meant to perform all functions at once, they wouldn't have diff. settings.. get it..?? Just inform/teach your operators how to change it.. simple.
I wish it was that easy , that department has a revolving door of inexperienced operators. All the others are experts , cant tell them anything. I do agree that they are probably running in the wrong mode. Still need to verify the complaint.
Up date. I had a chance to take it on a road test, it hits top speed when in the proper mode and is able to go up steep hills. The one problem that I have now is the LCD screen will read low fuel and all the other gauges on the screen work then without doing anything the screen maxes everything out and you have no ability to change modes or anything on the screen. I do know that the mice have attacked the wiring harness. I really dont think that the mice issue is the culprit.Any ideas.
mice poop is veeeery corrosive on wiring
They seem to like the wire insulation. Around the ecm the had removed 50% of the covering
Just an update. $250.00 for wire harness. When I pulled out he old one I found a burnt ground connection and several connections that the wires just fell out the back off the connector. This wont be the last of the problems.