Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 120 won’t swing

ttt59 · 2020-01-03 03:04

Hey guys new to the page and looking for some advice trouble shooting my Deere 120. I bought it about 9 months ago now and haven’t had any problems until I heard a pop while swinging to the right and now the swing will not move left or right. I can see the swing motor trying to turn but something is in a bind. Can someone point me in the right direction to diagnose my problem? I’ve ran several machines similar to mine but have never had to work on anything like this. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632020-01-03 07:17

    A “pop” sound usually means something broke. It could be a swing motor shaft, gear or bearing inside the swing gear case, or the drive pinion. Post your machine serial number.

  2. #2ttt592020-01-03 14:36

    P00120x031353. It had a new swing motor put on just before I bought it. Should I take it off and look down in there?

  3. #3Ronsii2020-01-03 22:31

    How many hours is on the machine? Makes you wonder why they replaced the thing.... and then if they didn't fix the actual problem

  4. #4Tones2020-01-04 01:45

    Good advice I got from an old mechanic---look at the last thing fixed first.

  5. #5uffex2020-01-04 02:31

    Good day If you listen while the swing motor is operated with a screwdriver om the motor you should be able to hear if it turns, draining the transmission lube may well explain if something has broken inside, there is a file that may be helpfull it is a little to heavy to attach but you can download or just view it Go-Excatech.org - library - H2 Diagnose swing issues. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Ronsii2020-01-04 08:55

    Now that is very good advice

  7. #7ttt592020-01-05 17:40

    It’s got several hours lol. Almost 15,000