Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deere 120c

Dozier Digging ยท 2015-03-23 20:29

im looking to buy a excavator been looking at the 2005 up deere 120c what is the good and bads of this machine

Replies8
  1. #1alaskaforby42015-03-23 22:47

    I have a 2006 and am very, very happy with it. Its fast and smooth, sips the fuel. Obviously its not a zero swing machine put has a great swing radius and if you did have to work on it, much easier than a RTS. Mine has a blade which I didnt particularly want but it is handy sometimes as well.

  2. #2Dozier Digging2015-03-23 22:59

    How many hours does your MachiNE have

  3. #3alaskaforby42015-03-24 11:54

    It has almost 4 thousand

  4. #4backhoe12015-03-24 21:48

    I have one also. I like it alot, big enough to do serious work but small enough to move around easy.

  5. #5Dozier Digging2015-03-27 23:05

    how is fuel economy and doe it have a fast swing and how is the cab noise

  6. #6Deere tech2015-03-28 08:46

    I have never heard complaints about fuel economy or swing, usually swing speed on the smaller Deere machines is quick and responsive. I have only been around a few 120s. Around here most guys tend to favor the 160 size machine.

  7. #7Dozier Digging2015-03-28 09:21

    I'm really wanting a 160c but there 35000lbs. And I have 20 ton bame trailer and pulling with tandem dump but I keep a mixed opinions if I can haul safely so I was looking at the 120c becau see of the weight issues

  8. #8Deere tech2015-03-28 12:02

    I see a lot of guys around here haul the 160s like that (with a tandem dump and a trailer), but then I see a lot of 160s on a lowboy, I guess it comes down to local laws and your trailer set up.