Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 130 g

John Sarappa · 2025-06-02 19:14

Good evenin, have a 130g Deere excavator that had codes 1569-31 and 94-18 come up about a week ago. I changed the fuel filters that were replaced about 50 hours before this in February. I didn’t use the machine for about a week and the codes popped up again. I disconnected the line feeding the fuel filters and had great flow coming from the tank. The machine runs fine, what else should I check before calling a mechanic?Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1SLK0012025-06-02 22:25

    You might have a bad fuel pump - or faulty fuel pressure sensor. Since you do have good fuel flow, I would first suspect the fuel sensor. Check the wiring and the fuel pressure sensor.

  2. #2John Sarappa2025-06-03 08:05

    Any idea where fuel pressure sensor is? Thanks

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-06-03 09:03

    See screenshot from Deere parts. Not sure what side of the engine it is on. I‘m assuming it would be at the fuel supply line to the high pressure fuel pump.

  4. #4John Sarappa2025-06-03 12:09

    Thanks, will check the wiring and make sure it’s plugged in, I also saw an inlet screen on the high pressure pump in the parts list. I’ll see if I can find it and take that out and clean it.

  5. #5John Sarappa2025-06-03 18:57

    Everything is plugged in and wires look good. Can you show me a diagram showing the fuel pump inlet screen?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-06-04 07:05

    Not an HP3 pump but should be very close .

  7. #7LACHAU2025-06-04 09:37

    According to John Deere's instructions. John Deere error code 94.18 indicates a low fuel pressure problem. This is implied to mean high pressure in the common rail. The instructions for troubleshooting this error, as shown below, are from the John Deere manufacturer.

  8. #8John Sarappa2025-06-04 17:37

    Does anyone have any experience with any of the scanners available for these machines? I can’t afford to pay a Deere tech to diagnose this problem. The parts are too expensive to just start changing things in the fuel system. I have 5 late model Deere machines and can fix things, so I can justify buying a good scanner if they work. Very frustrating, never buy another Deere.

  9. #9LACHAU2025-06-05 02:02

    You can reference here: Customer Service ADVISOR™ Launches in JohnDeereStore.com Starting today customers and independent repair shops in the U.S. can start purchasing Customer Service ADVISOR™ through JohnDeereStore.com. www.deere.com Data Management | Operations Center™ PRO Service | John Deere With John Deere Operations Center™ PRO Service puts the power in your hands www.deere.com

  10. #10LACHAU2025-06-05 02:06

    John Deer excavator diagnostic tool

  11. #11John Sarappa2025-06-05 08:23

    Thanks,Lachau.

  12. #12John Sarappa2025-07-15 16:41

    So, I have narrowed it down to the lift pump. Good fuel from the tank to the filter/lift pump assembly but barely any fuel coming out of the second filter and nothing coming out of the line to the hp injector pump. The pump runs but doesn’t make any pressure. It will run for about a minute and then it stop, not sure if it’s because the computer tells it to stop or not. Is there any way to rebuild the pump part of this system? It looks like Deere only sells a complete filter head with the pump for 1100.00! This is ridiculous that you can’t buy individual parts. If I have to spend that kind of money I would buy something with normal spin on filters. Not that garbage that deere has designed. Any guidance would be appreciated. This is a pict u of the pump that comes right off with the junk plastic nut that holds it on.Thanks